A man from Southern Australia visited the United States on vacation and ate some GMO (genetically modified organism) corn while at a local restaurant. Bill Harris from Melbourne, Australia has never tried GMO corn before in his life and wasn’t sure what to expect.
“I didn’t know what to do. I was starving and really wanted some corn, so I was kind of in a tough spot. I just closed my eyes and took a bite” explains Harris.
What happened next was incredible.
“I didn’t know if I was going to grow a third arm, get a massive tumour or what. So what happened was actually a bit of a shock: it was delicious. Nothing bad happened to me at all. I just sat down, ate a nice meal with my family and carried on with my day.”
The Spudd has learned this is not an isolated incident and is currently investigating the issue. Stay tuned.